Here we described about best Bluetooth speakers for parties and picnics. The party speakers are intended to provide the musical atmosphere for birthday parties, New Year’s Eve and even karaoke. Usually equipped with large-diameter speakers and generous amplification, they are able to provide sound to a large room or even a terrace or a garden, to make the assembly dance.
The great majority of party speakers are equipped with one or more analog and / or digital audio inputs and even inputs for microphones and musical instruments, which allows them to be used to liven up the party and to amplify for example a guitar to accompany someone on vocals. Party speakers are often equipped with light shows to create a bright atmosphere and add a more festive dimension. Bluetooth and USB are always there for music listening. Sometimes there is Wi-Fi network compatibility with DLNA audio playback. The most sophisticated models have a CD-DVD drive with an HDMI ARC socket, are controllable via an app and can even offer DJ functions and effects.
The speaker Bluetooth are often associated with days at the beach, evenings by the fireplace or long weekends in the woods. This does not mean that they will not be able to keep their promises to liven up your parties at home.
Best Bluetooth Speakers For Parties And Picnics
amazon box=”B07QDPRYYD,B07MV4YTJK,B081TBH6WQ,B07ZRVX6RM,B07VFKBQ3K,B07NJPXRBC” items=”3″ template=”table”]
1: JBL GO 2, a very compact entry level
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- 5 hours of playtime
- IPX7 waterproof
- Audio cable input
A discreet and minimalist design
On the design side, the Go 2 is a small speaker with a minimalist design as possible. It fits in the hand and has a small size of 6.8 x 8.3 x 3.1 cm, placing it in the category of ultraportable speakers. Although covered with a good quality rubber coating, it is however not certified to IP standards, although its construction seems sturdy enough to withstand a few shocks.
A logical consequence of such a small size, it separates from a few elements on the way to remain as compact as possible. Exit therefore the passive bass radiator or an NFC chip, which is not a great loss in its case, the pairing being easy and fast in Bluetooth. Who says ultra-portable format, says featherweight: only 130 grams! A nice feat that can be combined with a theoretical autonomy of 5 hours very underestimated, the speaker can blithely exceed this assessment, and this at a high volume.
Limited, but effective audio quality
Despite its small size, the sound quality of the Go 2 from JBL is sufficiently precise. Although forcing a little on the bass, even if it means being intrusive on the mids, it remains little handicapping. The voices are rather well restored and the music of moderate complexity is very well managed.
As for the available power, it is not left out, if we keep in mind the small size of the enclosure. In addition to this power, the distortion is surprisingly well contained, requiring the volume to be pushed to the limit to feel the first annoying effects. Nothing to be worrying about then.
2: Xiaomi Mi Bluetooth Speaker, good value for money
- Mi Box S is powered by Android 8.1, easy to use and supports Google Assistant and Chromecast as well as delivering a world of content the whole family can enjoy
- Compatible with thousands of apps, giving you access to tons of premium video services and a constant stream of fresh new content
- Output Resolution: 4K (3840 x 2160), CPU: Cortex-A53 Quad-core 64bit, GPU: Mali-450, RAM: 2GB DDR3, Storage: 8GB eMMC, Operating System: Android 8.1
- Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth: 4.1, HDMI2.0a: 1, USB2.0: 1, Power Interface: 1, Audio Out: 1, Support Language: Global
- Video decoder: [email protected]，VP9， H.264，MPEG1/2/4，VC-1，Real8/9/10, Video Format: RM，MOV，VOB，AVI，MKV，TS，Mp4，3D, Audio decoder: DOLBY, DTS, Audio Format: MP3，APE，Flac, Image decoder: JPG，BMP，GIF，PNG，TIF. International Model, Works worldwide, Does not have US warranty.
A simple and attractive design
On the design side, the Mi Bluetooth Speaker is a small speaker with a fairly simple design, but not devoid of charm. With an all-aluminum shell, the finishes are very successful and inspire a certain confidence, which is rather rare among entry-level speakers. But let’s not exaggerate: its shell withstands at best a few not too violent shocks and has no insulation certification, which makes it unusable near water, sand or dust.
Besides its rather cute design, the size of the speaker makes it an ultraportable model easy to store in a small bag or in a large jacket pocket. In addition, with a mass of only 264 grams, its size during a trip is very limited. Finally, the autonomy remains, estimated at 8 hours at an average volume, which is within the standards of current speakers.
Good audio quality
Despite its small size and above all its aggressive price, the sound quality of the Mi Bluetooth Speaker is rather surprising. Besides well reproduced and surprisingly precise bass, the sound is surprisingly homogeneous thanks to a well thought out stereophonic construction, which is more than rare in this price category. But let’s not exaggerate, because distortion is inevitable and the highs are the first to suffer when the volume increases a little too much.
As for the power available, it remains correct and fairly well controlled. However, it is enough to only add sound to a room, as the loudspeaker is directive. A relatively fair price to pay in view of the rather unexpected quality of the sound.
3: Ultimate Ears Wonder boom 2, solid and powerful
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM 2 Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker (Bermuda Blue), Knox Gear Hard Case, Voltz AC USB Fast-Charging Wall Charger Adapter, and Voltz Micro-USB Braided Cable (6 feet, Black)
- OUTDOOR BOOST: New Outdoor Boost increases loudness with a single button press
- DOUBLE UP: You can pair two speakers to double up at the same time wirelessly for true wireless stereo
- CONTROL YOUR MUSIC: You can now Play, Pause, and Skip tracks directly on the speaker with the help of UE button on top
- WATERPROOF AND DUST-PROOF: Perfect for outdoors, this speaker is waterproof and dustproof
The nomadic speaker par excellence
The new Bluetooth speaker from Ultimate Ears uses the same principle as its predecessor. We thus find the typical design in the shape of a pomegranate. The fabric shell houses two 40mm speakers and two passive radiators.
Certified IP67 – against IPX7 on the first model – the Wonder Boom 2 is also shock resistant. In the event of a fall in water, it is able to float in order to facilitate its recovery. So, you can take it to the edge of the pool or to the beach without fear!
Some shortcomings to report
Behind this neat design, however, hide some small hiccups. Connectivity is thus limited to a minimum with Bluetooth 5.0 and a micro-USB port. The lack of a 3.5mm headphone input or even a multipoint connection is sorely felt. Ditto for USB-C, however widespread in the world of mobility.
A sound that deposits
Small portable speakers often suffer from poor sound quality. This is far from the case for the Wonder Boom 2. Broadcast at 360 °, the music is powerful for such a small Bluetooth speaker. The bass comes out particularly well. The icing on the cake, the Double Up mode now allows you to enjoy stereo sound by coupling two Wonder Boom 2 together.
However, we quickly notice the limits of the small format: the sound distorts and blows at high volume. As for the new Outdoor Boost mode, if it gives more punch to the speaker, it distorts the sound by eliminating almost all low frequencies .
We must therefore avoid being too demanding, especially since Ultimate Ears has increased the autonomy of its nomadic speaker. It now provides up to 1 p.m. of non-stop music. Rather not bad for such a small size!
4: Anker Sound core Flare: a festive and robust Bluetooth speaker
- 360° Immersive Sound: A portable Bluetooth speaker with Powerful 360°, bass-driven audio. Dual drivers and passive radiators combine with BassUp technology to generate a portable party with 20W of intense sound.
- All-New Light Show: A totally reimagined rainbow light show that pulses, phases, and shines to the beat of your music. Double light-rings simultaneously shine down onto the dancefloor and up into the atmosphere for pumping floor-to-ceiling illumination.
- Pool Party Proof: No matter where the music needs to be, Flare 2 portable Bluetooth speaker is suited up and ready. Super-safe IPX7 waterproof protection effortlessly withstands spills, rain, and even complete submersion in water.
- PartyCast Technology: Link 100+ Flare 2 portable Bluetooth speakers to party into the next dimension—sound and light synchronize across every speaker for a seamlessly electrifying experience.
- Customize The Atmosphere: Enhance your audio with complete EQ control then tailor the light show to your mood with 6 mesmerizing lighting modes.
A 360 ° sound and light show
If you are looking for a speaker that is out of the ordinary, then the Sound core Flare – or its big sister Flare + – should appeal to you. Under its cylindrical fabric shell hides a circle of LEDs. The latter can be animated according to several patterns to be managed from the application or adapt to the music in progress. Original and essential for parties with friends!
The small Bluetooth speaker is equipped with two speakers that provide 360 ° diffused sound. The upper silicone part accommodates the reading and pairing controls. The set is IPX7 certified to withstand a possible fall into the pool.
A bit dated connection
The most embarrassing point about the Sound core Flare is the adoption of a micro-USB port in an age when USB-C is king. It is also a shame to note that the small speaker does not embed an NFC chip, but this is often the case in this price range. The manufacturer still has the good idea to include a 3.5 mm jack to connect an external source in case the Bluetooth is not usable.
Beautiful sonic prowess
The Sound core Flare not only looks good, it also sends out great sound. The two 6W speakers placed back to back provide great performance, offering a balanced and fun sound. We stay here clearly in the realm of fun, with slightly vibrating bass. The rest of the spectrum is however not forgotten and knows how to make itself heard. You just have to avoid pushing the volume too much otherwise you will lose clarity, as with most speakers of this size.
5: Bose Portable Home Speaker: the all-rounder
- All-in-one: The most versatile smart speaker from Bose ; a portable Bluetooth speaker, a home speaker, and a voice control speaker, all in one
- Portability: Grab the handle and take this lightweight (just over 2 lbs) speaker wherever you go out of the house, or move it with you from room to room around the house
- Sound performance: Enjoy 360 degrees of deep, clear, lifelike sound and powerful bass, no matter where or what you play
- Rugged and ready: This portable speaker has a durable design, battery life of up to 12 hours, and a water-resistant IPX4 rating for all life’s drops, bumps, sprays, and splashes
- Bluetooth speaker: Outside Wi-Fi range, use it as a portable Bluetooth speaker and control it with your mobile phone or tablet to listen to anything your device can play
The speaker that follows you everywhere
Weighing around 1kg and equipped with a carrying handle, the Bose Portable Home Speaker is designed to follow you on your every move. Relatively discreet with its design combining plastic and metal, the beautiful incorporates a control surface with no less than seven buttons.
Cylindrical format requires, this nomadic wireless speaker enjoys 360 ° sound. The set is IPX4 certified to resist splashing. Unfortunately, the beauty will not resist accidental immersion. However, the hull prevents breakage in the event of a fall on the ground thanks to its robust design.
Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Airplay 2
The American speaker is more than just a Bluetooth model. The Portable Home Speaker has a Wi-Fi chip compatible with Airplay 2 and Spotify Connect. This allows you to connect it to other Bose devices when you are at home. Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa are even there, several microphones to pick up your voice. The Bose Music app for Android and iOS is full of settings to create your multiroom groups and manage streaming services like Spotify or Deezer.
The Bose sound, recognizable among all
As always, Bose does not go into the details of its sound architecture. The Portable Home Speaker does, however, benefit from the services of a downward-facing high excursion speaker and three passive radiators. Unsurprisingly, the bass sounds so dear to the American brand are very present. The restitution is good, but this bass boost will not be to everyone’s liking. With an autonomy of almost 15 hours, you will nevertheless have enough to enjoy your favorite songs until the end of the night!
6: Sonos Move: finally, a Bluetooth speaker from Sonos
- Sonos One - The powerful smart speaker with voice control built in.
- Brilliant sound - Get rich, room-filling sound with Sonos One, and control it with your voice, the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay2, and more.
- Voice control - Amazon Alexa is built right in so you can play music, check news, set alarms, get your questions answered, and more, completely hands free.
- For every room - The compact design fits just about any space. Put it on your kitchen countertop or tuck it away on your office bookshelf. It's humidity resistant so you can even put it in the bathroom.
- Stereo sound with two - Pair two Sonos Ones together in the same room for stereo separation and more detailed sound. Use a pair as rear home theater surrounds with Playbar, Playbase, or Beam.
A nomadic enclosure that imposes
It is undeniable, the Sonos Move is a Bluetooth speaker that does not go unnoticed. With a weight of 3 kg and more than 20 centimeters in height, the nomadic side seems less pronounced than in the competition.
But this overweight is for the best, since the large structure of the Move accommodates quality equipment. This nomadic speaker is even IP56 certified to resist water and dust. The metal shell is also very robust. Touch controls on the top of the device allow you to manage the playback of your favorite tracks. There is also a large handle on the back of the Move for easy transport.
Multi-room with Sonos sauce
What would a Sonos speaker be without multiroom management? Like its counterparts, the Sonos Move has a Wi-Fi chip on board. It can therefore be integrated into an existing installation and controlled via the manufacturer’s excellent application. AirPlay2 is also there for users of Apple solutions. Bluetooth finally takes over only for the outputs outside the house, the sound is less good through this transmission protocol.
The Sonos signature, all in bass
Between Bose and Sonos, bass enthusiasts have plenty to enjoy. The Sonos Move is safe and sends everything on the lowest frequencies, to the detriment of the highs. It’s full of oomph, but not all users will like it. We also regret that the sound is not broadcast at 360 ° as on the competitor from Bose. On the other hand, we can only appreciate the very efficient Auto True Play acoustic calibration system
How to choose best Bluetooth speakers for parties?
What format for my wireless speaker?
The main advantage of nomadic speakers is their small size. Exit the wires in all directions, here we benefit from very simple devices to transport. The smallest models fit in the pocket thanks to their very small dimensions. Going upmarket, the dimensions increase, as does the sound quality. You must then provide a backpack or a suitable bag.
When purchasing, take a good look at the size and weight of your future Bluetooth speaker. Some models can be relatively heavy like the Sonos Move which weighs around 3 kg. In absolute terms, the average is between a hundred grams and a little less than 2 kg depending on the brand.
Which features should I favor on my nomadic speaker?
If the entry-level speakers are essential, the functions tend to expand on models over 100$. For example, there are more and more Bluetooth speakers equipped with Wi-Fi chips. These are then more versatile and even act as multiroom speakers with some manufacturers. Wi-Fi often goes hand in hand with a voice assistant, allowing you to control your speaker by voice as long as you are within range of your local network.
Without going so far, there are also some models with a 3.5 mm auxiliary jack. It then becomes possible to connect a source such as an audiophile player or a smartphone with a suitable cable. Other nomadic speakers can even act as a hands-free kit.
Which version of Bluetooth should I choose for my wireless speaker?
This is a question that comes up often: should we favor Bluetooth 5? Or can I just use Bluetooth 4.x?
The answer is simple: the Bluetooth version does not affect the sound quality. A portable speaker that uses version 4.0 will sound just as good as a version 5 or higher. So no need to shun a very attractive model because it does not use the latest revision of this wireless protocol!
What sound power for my Bluetooth speaker?
The main interest of a speaker is obviously to produce quality sound. To choose well, several variables come into play. You must already take into account the size of your future purchase. The smaller a model, the smaller the speakers will be and capable of good travel. The sound will therefore be less good and the maximum volume lower.
For quality sound, it is therefore necessary to aim for powerful speakers equipped with several speakers. The most efficient models carry class D amplifiers capable of producing sound worthy of sedentary speakers.
When buying, you must therefore look at what power your speaker can provide. The latter is expressed in Watts and noted W. The higher it is, the more punch your equipment will have and will be able to provide sound to a large area without having to push the volume to the maximum. This will prevent unpleasant distortions.
Also observe the speaker configuration. The largest portable speakers sometimes have a woofer and a tweeter, when it is not one or more passive radiators. The sound is then more precise, each speaker managing a different frequency range. The quality is immediately felt when listening.