Here we analysis about 7 best headphones for music and gaming. Headphones have gained increasing popularity in the market, and there are many reasons. In particular, the democratization of sound with falling prices and quality models accessible from around thirty or forty euros has played a crucial role. However, faced with this proliferation of products, audiophiles sometimes find it difficult to select a quality product, whatever its range. For this reason, we have selected for you the models that we consider to be the best, based on their corresponding range.
7 Best Headphones for Music and Gaming
1: Sennheiser Momentum 3
- Auto on/off and smart pause never miss a beat With seamless on/off and pause functionality; Plays your music faster than any other headphone
- Active noise cancellation and transparent hearing Momentum 3 wireless adapts to your environment wherever you find yourself
- Exceptional comfort soft ear pads and headband crafted from genuine Leather insure exceptional wearing comfort during long listening sessions
- Three button interface provides easy operation without having to read a manual
- Automatic pairing mode makes setting up Momentum 3 wireless easy on the first activation
As long as you have the adequate budget, this device will frankly please you! If the active noise reduction is effective in itself, it would definitely be more pronounced, especially since the idea of the 3 modes is well seen. The model remains clearly qualitative, and will accompany you for more than 17 hours continuously without you even noticing its presence, as it is so comfortable.
2: Plantronics Backbeat 2
- Audio Quality: Immersive, high res sound, and powerful speaker drivers deliver the right balance of rich bass, crisp highs, and natural mid tones for your music
- Active Noise Cancelling Headphones (ANC):Switch on active noise canceling (ANC) to minimize ambient noise while working or traveling
- 24 Hour Streaming: Enjoy up to 24 hours of wireless music, movies and calls before choosing the cabled connection or recharging.Sensitivity (dB SPL/1mW):93.Impedance (Ohm):32
- Wireless Freedom: Stream rich, lifelike audio up to 100 meters/330 feet away from your Class 1 Bluetooth smartphone or tablet.Bluetooth v4.0
- Rigid Travel Case: Ear cups swivel flat to slip into the protective travel case ; Frequency response: 20–20,000 Hz
Plantronics has literally bet on quality and innovation, and it must be said that we are not disappointed. Reasonable price despite the range concerned, performance of durability and its certain and, above all, technological additions. And there, if noise reduction can convince us, this is already less the case with the Smart Sensor, for example.
3: Beats by Dr. Dre Solo 3
- DRIVEN BY THE APPLE W1 CHIP: Incorporating the efficient W1 chip brings seamless setup and switching for your Apple devices, up to 40 hours of battery life, and Fast Fuel technology for 3 hours of play with a 5-minute charge
- FEEL YOUR MUSIC: At the heart of Beats Solo3 Wireless is award-winning Beats sound. This headphone delivers premium playback with fine-tuned acoustics that maximize clarity, breadth, and balance
- ALL-DAY PLAY: Beats Solo3 Wireless delivers up to 40 hours of battery life driven by the efficiency of the Apple W1 chip. Integrated on-ear controls coupled with dual beam-forming mics allow you to take calls, play music, adjust volume, and activate Siri while on the go
- CUSTOMISED COMFORT: The on-ear, cushioned ear cups are adjustable, so you can customize your fit for all-day listening comfort. The comfort-cushion ear cups buffer outside noise for immersive sound, so you can experience music the way it was meant to be heard
- WHAT IS IN THE BOX: Beats Solo 3 Wireless Headphones, Micro USB Cable, In-line Mic, Key Ring and Carrying Case
The success is there on this model: concentrated in design and technology, it makes an excellent headset for audiophiles. In its wired version, its sound reproduction is perfect and in its wireless version, the stability of its network is perfect. The drawbacks remain slight in view of the exceptionally low price displayed: we recommend it.
4: B&O Play by Bang & Olufsen Beoplay
- NEVER MISS A BEAT: H8i wireless headphones have a built-in proximity sensor that automatically stops playback when you remove your headphones and resumes when you put them back on.
- Frequency response - 20 - 22,000 Hz
Despite its fairly significant price, the headphone achieves magnificent performances. The sound quality is simply stunning, as the transcription wants to be faithful. The sound is immersive and the frequencies are well managed. Due to the lack of complete information, the headphone will ask you for a little resourcefulness, but the prowess is validated.
5: Marshall Major
- Bluetooth aptX gives you exceptional audio quality and the freedom and convenience to move with 30 feet of wireless listening range.
- 30+ hours of wireless playtime on a single charge
- Iconic sound with 40 mm dynamic drivers that are custom tuned for enhanced bass response, smooth midst and crystal clear highs that draw on over 50 years of sound heritage.
- With the multi-directional control knob you can play, pause, shuffle and adjust the volume of your device, as well as power your headphone on or off.
- Easy to use phone functionality makes the major III Bluetooth the perfect everyday companion. Wirelessly answer, reject or end a call with the control knob
A quality model, which offers a definite price-performance ratio and amazing performance. We may regret the absence of noise attenuation, but at this price, such quality technology remains rare. On the promised performance, Marshall succeeds hands down.
6: Sennheiser HD 4.50
- Bluetooth 4.0 and aptX technologies to deliver exceptional wireless sound quality..Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- NoiseGard active noise cancellation to reduce ambient noise levels improving the listening experience
- Intuitive ear cup mounted controls for changing tracks and for making calls via the integrated microphone. Frequency response (Microphone) : 100 10,000 Hz
- Up to 19 hour battery life with Bluetooth and NoiseGard activated and is supplied with connecting cable for battery free listening
- 2 year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer
An almost perfect side Sennheiser, and if the shoe pinches, it is because the price appears a little high compared to the promised performance. They also prove to be excellent, in particular thanks to the universal connection, the practical facilities and, above all, the integration of aptX for a more faithful sound reproduction.
7: JBL Tune500BT
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH & MULTI-POINT CONNECTIONS: Wirelessly stream high-quality sound from your smartphone without messy cords. Allows you to effortlessly switch from one Bluetooth device to another.
- JBL PURE BASS SOUND: Wireless headphone features the renowned JBL Pure Bass sound, which can be found in the most famous venues all around the world.
- HANDS FREE CALLS: Easily control your sound and manage your calls from your bluetooth headphones with the convenient 1-button remote with microphone.
- UP TO 16 HOUR BATTERY LIFE WITH SPEED CHARGE: For long-lasting fun, listen wirelessly for up to 16 hours and recharge the battery in as little as 2 hours. A quick 5-minute recharge gives you an additional hour of music.
- COMFORT FIT DESIGN: The lightweight materials and soft ear cushions with a padded headband make the bluetooth headphones comfortable to wear for extended periods. The foldable design makes it convenient for you to carry your headphones anywhere and anytime you want music.
An excellent model of JBL, which suffers from some failures such as comfort levels or autonomy. As long as you listen to music regularly without an intense session, these JBL headphones will represent an excellent solution, whether you use it indoors or outdoors, on the go or in sports.
How to choose best headphones for music and gaming?
Fortunately, headsets do not suffer from the same problems as headphones, that one of the two elements simply stops working. This is mainly due to the poor quality of the wires which connect the end caps and which tend to become rigid and too easily break as you wind and unwind it. However, headphones are not free from other durability issues.
Whether we are talking about the good quality of the wireless connection or the composition of the wire, or even more broadly of building materials, many factors will influence the quality and lifespan of your model. We therefore offer you some advice in order to see more clearly.
Avoid the attractive prices. We told you in the introduction: finding quality headphones, even inexpensive, is now possible. This however opened the trend towards even cheaper headphones, but losing a lot in quality. Remember to compare the interesting references to other products in the same range: you will be able to estimate if the price is too attractive compared to the performance promised by the technical sheet.
Use quality manufacturers. Compared to retailers and large retailers, these manufacturers are the flagship of quality items. Sony, Beats, Logitech: these are some examples of trusted brands. Do not hesitate to visit our selection of trusted audio and Hifi brands to obtain a broader and more detailed overview!
Take into consideration the tests and consumer reviews. Testing is usually done by professionals, who let you see what the headphone is worth in action, often based on established technical parameters. Customer reviews, on the other hand, are based on individuals, but among which you can find all kinds of profiles. This is as much miscellaneous information as you can use.
It goes without saying that sound quality is essential. Mobile headsets are not only subjected to the same battery of tests as high-end headsets (frequency balance, sound precision) but must also show a clear mark as to the impact of Bluetooth transmission on sound quality, especially on the harmonic distortion rate. All these measures are dissected and explained in the audio part of each test.
The advantage of a portable Bluetooth headset lies in the freedoms it offers: that of the head, whose movements are no longer hindered by a cable, that of the hands, with the hands-free kit, and that provided by the controls present on the headphone itself. Their completeness is important, as is their ease of use. Independence from an electrical outlet, namely the autonomy of the headset, is also taken into account.
If active noise reduction is not systematically present, the pads nevertheless offer more or less good passive insulation from outside noise and conversely more or less protect the outside of the music you listen to! So, if you take the metro during rush hour and care about your life, prefer a headphone that will not inconvenience the whole train.
We can boast of ignoring appearances, it is still an object with which we are crowned several hours a day. Beyond the aesthetics, the construction is also important: a robust cable, a solid arch, resistant pads, good comfort and adaptability to all skull sizes are all elements to take into consideration during of the acquisition of a portable headphone.