Here we analysis about best laptop for gaming and 3D modeling. There are programs that require some very complex tasks, whether many computers do them or do them very slowly. This is the case with 3D modeling, animation or graphic design software. This type of program requires PCs with very specific characteristics capable of achieving high performance. Most of the time, desktop computers are equipped with such means.
But nowadays manufacturers are innovating more and more in the category of laptops. Many brands manage to set up portable computers worthy of large computer towers capable of performing any task. The arrival of NVIDIA graphics cards on laptops to encourage the emergence of these types of laptops capable of validly replacing their fixed cousins.
Another advantage is the mobility, autonomy and ergonomics offered by laptops which makes these models suitable and ideal PC for 3D and even 4K animation and editing. 2020 was marked by the entry into the running of new cheaper models and very well equipped to satisfy professionals or amateurs of assembly. Now, you don’t need an expensive budget to acquire this kind of equipment.
We have to make a small selection to help you make your choice. We are based first on the power of the processor then on the graphics card then the amount of RAM and storage to ensure proper operation of the assembly. So, when we talk about modeling, the quality of the screen is very important in this area.
So, we have highlighted all this to help you find the rare pearl that will live up to your satisfaction. Note that in this non-exhaustive list, a good number of portable gaming laptops are there, because most of them meet the conditions to perform this kind of tasks.
Best laptop for gaming and 3D modeling
8: Dell Inspiron G5
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor enable powerful performance for uninterrupted gameplay.
- An innovative dual-fan cooling system with an advanced thermal design ensures that your system stays cool as the action heats up
- A 9. 9mm narrow bezel FHD display, for immersive gameplay
- Experience faster load times and a quieter system thanks to multiple storage
- Heighten your immersive gaming experience with optional 4-zone RGB backlit keyboard and Nahimic Sound Center with dual speakers.
The DELL Inspiron G5 is basically a Gaming laptop. It has an 8th generation Intel Core i7 processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card with 4 GB of dedicated video memory. With its 8 GB RAM and hybrid storage including a 256 GB SSD hard drive and a 1 TB HDD, it is perfectly balanced for professional software like 3DS MAX, BLENDER or AFTER EFFECT. Its 15.6-inch Full screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 ensures overall good visual rendering.
For the price / quality ratio, this PC is significantly cheaper compared to its competitors with the same characteristics. As a weak point, its cooler becomes a bit noisy during prolonged use for heavy tasks. The DELL Inspiron G5 sports a refined and very light look. It is not superfluous like most Gamer laptops but it stands out enough through its refreshing design.
7: MSI GP65
- 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) 120Hz IPS-Level NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6G GDDR6
- Core i7-10750H 2. 6 - 5. 0GHz Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201(2*2 ax)
- 512GB NVMe SSD 16GB (8G*2)DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets Max Memory 64GB
- USB 3 2 Gen2 Type C *1 USB 3 2 Gen1 *2 Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining 720p HD Webcam
- Win 10 Multi-language Giant Speakers 3W*2 6 cell (51Wh) Li-Ion 230W
With its latest generation Intel Core i7-9750H CPU, this laptop is a configuration beast. The manufacturer has gone to great lengths to make the MSI GP65 a real high-performance laptop. Its NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti graphics card with its 6 GB of video memory, its 16 GB RAM and its 512 GB SSD hard drive has everything to make you dream. This PC is a configuration beast. Everything is there to tame any 3D modeling or animation application. With a little hair, we can declare that it is perfect for everything. Even gamers will find something to it.
The balance of its configuration is perfect. The 512 GB SSD is a plus that accelerates the execution of each instruction. From the start of the operating system to the prolonged use of programs, this pc presents no bug. In addition, it weighs only 2.3 Kg (light enough for a PC of its kind) and ensures good autonomy.
However, if you are not a gamer, its look may seem a little extra because it is hidden behind an elaborate design of Gaming PC. The MSI GP65 has an accessible cost but Still count 1199$ to have it.
6: Lenovo Legion Y540
- Powered by latest 9th Generation Intel Hexa-Core i7-9750H Processor @ 2. 60GHz(6 Cores, 12M Cache, up to 4. 50 GHz), Powerful 6-core, twelve-way processing performance.
- 15. 6” FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare display: The 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. IPS technology for wide viewing angles. Energy-efficient LED backlight. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics
- 24GB DDR4 2400 SDRAM Memory for full-power multitasking; 1TB HDD + 512GB PCIE SSD offer enough storage for your files. Pci-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more.
- 802. 11 AC (2 x 2) + Bluetooth 4. 1; 3 x USB 3. 1 Gen 1, Mini DisplayPort 1. 4, HDMI 2. 0, RJ45 Ethernet, Kensington Wedge Lock slot, 1 x USB 3. 1 Gen 2 Type-C, 3. 5mm microphone/headphone combo, NOVO hole
- Windows 10 Home; White-backlit Keyboard; Up to 5 hours of battery life
In the gaming laptop category, LENOVO begins by establishing itself with its Legion range. This PC is equipped with the 9th generation of INTEL Core i7-9750H processors, an NVIDIA GTX 1650 4GB VRAM graphics card. Its 24 GB DDR4 RAM and 512 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD. The special feature of this laptop is the Optane technology from INTEL which is present on this model. The Intel Optane memory associated with a hard disk, allows to benefit from a reactivity worthy of SSD for your disk.
You’ll get maximum speed for starting up, accessing data, launching programs, and the workload of the hard drive, which automatically accesses files and applications. The Y540 has a good grip with its very fine design and its look to be faded. It will seduce you even more because it is at a very affordable price. Count less than 1150$ currently to get this wonder.
5: HP OMEN 15
- Realistic graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6 GB GDDR5 dedicated). enjoy new levels of gaming realism and performance with real-time ray-tracing technologies. Vr Ready. 15.6-Inch diagonal FHD IPS Anti-Glare micro-edge WLED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080)
- Omen command center: easily turn up your performance with included software that enables control over your CPU overclocking settings and prioritizes your gaming traffic to minimize latency
- Cutting-edge gaming performance: play The latest games, including Fortnight, PUBG, and Overwatch, from anywhere—without sacrificing performance
- Super Fast Processor: 9th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i7-9750h Processor, 6-Core, 2.6GHz up to 4.5GHz for superior gaming performance
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (upgradable with 2 accessible Memory Slots). Power supply type : 200 W AC power adapter
The Omen range from HP is no longer presented, but for this model, the brand has bet on performance. Equipped with the latest generation of INTEL Core i7-9750H CPU and the best NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti graphics card with 6 GB of dedicated video memory. With its 512 GB SSD storage and 8 GB RAM, this model is well designed and will be able to respond pleasantly to the challenges posed by software such as BLENDER, C4D, Zbrush or Unreal Engine.
This pc is made to carry out heavy tasks but it can also be used for the other usual work of a PC. With a weight of less than 3 Kg, the OMEN 15 has a very beautiful design in green and ebony colors embellished by a very reactive keyboard back-light. It is very handy and comfortable in use. However, its price is a little more expensive than the previous ones. Still count 979$ to have it.
4: Acer ConceptD 7
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 4. 5GHz) with Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 with MAX-Q Design with 8 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM | NVIDIA Studio | RTX Studio Laptop
- 15. 6" 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display | PANTONE Validated | Delta E <2 | 400nit Brightness | 100% Adobe RGB Color Gamut
- 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory | 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Amber Colored Backlit Keyboard | LAN: Killer Ethernet E3000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (Up to 2. 5 Gbps) | Wireless: Killer DoubleShot Pro Wireless-AC 1550 802. 11ac
The ACER ConceptD 7 as its name suggests, is an original design for a laptop. With its 17-inch format and 4K Ultra HD screen that can reach graphic resolutions of 3840 x 2160, it is a marvel for displaying graphic details. Its Intel Core i7-9750H processor that we no longer present, associated with its NVIDI GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB VRAM graphics card, and a 32 GB RAM; this PC is highly qualified for 3D and any other complex task for a PC.
Its 1 TB SSD storage which combines speed and availability of workspace confirms the exceptional configuration of this laptop. Working or playing in ultra-mode is a commonplace for this PC. It can overcome 3D editing or accelerate the creation of your animations. The manufacturer is not content to make the Acer ConcetD 7 powerful, it hides behind a very thin and slim minimalist look to mark the break with the PC gamer. It is the perfect creative machine, which does not skimp on the means to afford an excellent working tool.
3: The Dell XPS 15
- 15.6" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) InfinityEdge anti-reflective touch IPS 100% a do be RGB 500-nits display
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750h (12MB Cache, up to 4. 5 GHz, 6 Cores)
- 16GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x8G
- 1TB PCIe SSD
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
When it comes to high-end laptops, DELL never ceases to be imaginative. With the Dell XPS 15, the brand innovates with its 15-inch 4K OLED Infinity HD screen and practically borderless. A blessing for the ADOBE RGB display. This PC is ultra-efficient with its INTEL Core i7-9750H processor of the 9th generation and its NVIDIA GTX 1650 Ti graphics card with 4GB of dedicated video memory. Storage side, we are entitled to a 512 GB SSD hard drive and 16 GB RAM.
The assembly of the various components seems to be the result of a perfect mastery in the design of ultra-portable. This PC is a real eye-catcher for all creative people who want sophisticated equipment suitable for 3D modeling programs. In terms of performance, DELL is complete and ready to fulfill its mission. The other strong point of this laptop is its lightness. It weighs less than 2 Kg and sports a classy, fine and elegant design; which confirms the artistic side of this jewel. From the height of its almost 11 hours of autonomy, this PC is made for you creative.
2: Lenovo Y740
- Processor Manufacturer: Intel
- Processor Type: Core I7
- Processor generation: 9th Gen
- Processor model: i7-9750h
- Processor speed: 2.60 GHz
Lenovo returns to us here with a PC from the Legion range, classified in the very high-end category. It first stands out for its size of 17 inches to adopt a more immersive screen.
On the performance side, it has the Core i7-9750H processor, an NVIDIA RTX 2060 graphics card heavy with its 6 GB of video memory, then comes a couple of hybrid discs (1 TB HDD + 256 GB SSD) and RAM memory 16 GB DDR4 well enough, to ensure a perfect combination of the whole.
The design of this laptop is quite fine and lies between the sobriety of a refined PC and the bling taste of gaming gamers. To acquire the 17” Y740 count less than 1800$, which is a very good deal for an ultra-portable with such great performance.
1: Alienware M15
- Alienware thinnest notebook ever for gamers looking for a thin gaming notebook that does not sacrifice performance or design
- Premium build high-end materials like magnesium alloy copper and steel provide a premium lightweight and performance-driven gaming experience
- Advanced thermal technology Alienware cryo-tech V3 0 optimizes component cooling which maximizes overall performance and keeps your laptop cool to the touch
- Game longer than ever a lithium Ion 76Whr battery delivers longer uninterrupted game play without a charge thanks to an exceptional life span
- Hexagonal honeycomb pattern maximizes airflow efficiency while providing structural rigidity to the overall structure
In the monster category, this PC is a very powerful beast in terms of configuration. It contains within it the latest generation INTEL Core i7-9750H processor accompanied by an NVIDIA TX 2080 graphics chip with 8GB of video memory.
Its 16 GB RAM memory is combined with a 1000 GB SSD hard drive to ensure almost instant start-up of the Windows 10 Advanced operating system and ultra-fast access to the various installed programs. Whatever the 3D modeling program you are dealing with, it will overcome it.With its 15.6 ” 4K screen with OLED technology, it is qualified to run programs such as Unreal, Unity or V-ray. View your renderings or even your favorite films better in very high definition.
Behind a futuristic and unusual look, the ALIENWARE M15 R2 as its name suggests, is a real Alien in terms of ultra-portable PC. It is part of our TOP 3 of the best high-performance PC and adapt for 3D montages and animations.
To better choose your ultra-portable PC capable of performing complex tasks, it would be better not to limit your budget if you want to acquire the best. However, be aware that even the budget models are quite capable of fulfilling their mission.
PC performance ideal for Best laptop for gaming and 3D modeling
The necessary and sufficient condition to confirm that a laptop computer is suitable for a graphic designer is his ability to quickly start all the software he will use for the design of his works. Among these, we can list Adobe Photoshop, design, sketch, Illustrator, Corel Paint, 3ds max etc.
It would therefore be excellent to have a laptop capable of running graphic design software cleanly, quickly and smoothly. There are, however, characteristic features allowing to evaluate the performance of a laptop adapted to a graphic designer like the boldness of the processor, the capacity of its RAM memory and finally the resolution of its graphics card.
The choice of your machine must be based on the software you want to use and the requirements it requires. In this article, we’ll use Photoshop as a reference. What is a processor and which ones match your computer? How much RAM and graphics cards do you need?
The computer processor is one of the most important components of it and can be described as the brain of your computer. The processor is the main processing unit on a computer that allows you to run programs in certain languages.
It processes the data taking into account the instructions read. In this way, the speed of information processing on your computer depends on the efficiency and robustness of the processor. You are also advised a processor of 2 GHz at least or more advanced according to your needs and your capacity.
To make beautiful illustrations with Photoshop, you should have a fairly powerful processor since this software uses it for most of its work. Let’s come to RAM memory. What does it consist of?
RAM, which stands for Random Access Memory, is the computer’s RAM available for running programs and storing data. It is immediately deleted when the computer is turned off.
As with the processor, Photoshop also uses RAM memory when editing photos. However, today’s laptops generally have a 4GB memory. Given the quality required, it is better to have a much larger RAM between 8 and 16GB for a more successful experience.
The higher the RAM, the more efficient your computer will be. The graphics card, what about?
The graphics card
The graphics card is a computer expansion card whose role is to produce or produce a quality image that can be displayed on a screen. Still known as GPU, the graphics card is most often compared with the processor and RAM memory.
However, it is not really essential for your computer since the majority of processors on the market have a built-in graphics processor which ensures the proper functioning of the computer screen.
By cons, if you want to enjoy a 4K display, the presence of a graphics card is inevitable. Thanks to the GPU and the amplifying intensity that it transmits to the computer, Photoshop operates certain accessories that promote its efficiency. Since the graphics card is not widely used by Photoshop, this does not constitute a handicap. You can do without it. Even if it is useless with Photoshop, the GPU can be used for other functions such as video editing for example.
It seems clear that for a graphic designer, the quality of the monitor is the very basis of everything. One of the main priorities of a graphic designer is to obtain a fine and meticulous result. The efficiency and clarity of the screen depends on the pixels available on your screen. The high pixels make your computer screen sharper and also reduce PC icons and characters.
Many modern portable computers now have a tactile function which is the subject of some controversy. There are many and varied opinions. Innovators love this modern and trendy style for its ease and some believe that it drains the computer battery faster than conventional PCs.
Certain configurations such as size, ease of use, transportability etc. are crucial elements that come into play when choosing a laptop.
In addition to the elements mentioned above, autonomy is also of crucial importance in the choice of your work equipment. The designers of the Intel and NVIDIA products and also the laptop dealers have made considerable efforts to improve the battery life of their computers.
For this purpose, it is now easier to have computers with an autonomy of more than 9 hours of time without recharging. Having a laptop with such autonomy, especially for graphic design and design professionals, is a considerable advantage.
With our article we hope that you will find what you are looking for in any case, the notebooks in this ranking are ideal for Best laptop for gaming and 3D modeling.