Best laptops for writers on a budget in 2020. Laptops are extremely present in our daily lives today. They are mainly used for travel, but today there are models for all uses. A laptop generally costs between 500 $ and 1000 $, but there are also many models at 300 $ and months.
In this article, we will therefore offer you a comparison of the best laptop models at 300 $ in 2020. For each model, we will present its characteristics as well as its strong and weak points. There is not really a PC “better than the others” because each computer will meet specific needs, whether in terms of autonomy or screen for example.
Best Laptops for Writers on a Budget in 2020
ACER ASPIRE 5
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
This Acer Aspire 5 is fairly classic, and obviously does not include very high-quality components. However, the general aesthetics of the PC is not very cheap thanks to the materials used. The 15.6-inch Full HD screen displays beautiful colors close to reality. The viewing angles are not very good, but nothing too bad.
The AMD Ryzen 3200U processor will guarantee you a certain level of performance in office automation, performance which unfortunately is not sufficient for gaming. Indeed, the Radeon Vega 3 chip will quickly show its limits in play, and is therefore not sufficient for the majority of games. Connectivity is relatively well provided on this Aspire 5, since the laptop has no less than 3 USB ports. The keyboard is relatively spacious, making it quite pleasant to use.
LENOVO IDEAPAD S145
- Amd 7th Gen A6-9225 Dual Core accelerated Processor 2 6 GHz AMD Radeon R4
- 4GB DDR4 RAM 500GB HDD hard drive No DVD drive
- 15 6" 1366 x 768 HD Display & energy-efficient LED backlight
- 1 x HDMI 10/100 Ethernet 1 x USB 3 0 1 x USB 2 0 1 x combo headphone/mic jack
- Operating System Windows 10 64-bit 2-cell lithium Ion battery Dimensions (w x d x H)14 80" X 10 00" X 0 90" weight 4 63 lbs 0 9" Thin
Lenovo has a few laptop models available for less than $ 300. This Ideapad S145 is part of what is best at this price. This Ideapad S145 offers solid components for office automation, but which will however be insufficient for gaming. At the processor level, we will come to find an AMD A4-9125, a fairly recent model came out in 2018. This computer does not have a graphics card, so you will have to settle for the Radeon R3 graphics chip. Please note, the battery tends to run out quickly and should hardly last more than 3-4 hours in use.
The screen of this Ideapad is quite disappointing, but remains quite correct compared to the price of the PC. The Full HD panel that Lenovo offers us tends to display rather dull colors, lacking in liveliness. This screen remains however quite suitable for office automation. On the positive side, Best Laptops for Writers on a Budget Ideapad S145 has enough connectivity, including 3 USB ports and an HDMI port. The keyboard is also quite pleasant to use because it is relatively spacious. The 128GB SSD will bring fluidity in the launch and use of software.
ASUS VIVOBOOK 15
- 15.6 inch FHD(1920 x 1080) with four-sided wider NanoEdge bezel display, AMD Radeon Vega 3, AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Processor (2.6 GHz base frequency up to 3.5 GHz, 2 Cores, 1MB Cache)
- RAM is upgraded to 8GB DDR4 memory for multitasking Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once
- Hard Drive is upgraded to 256GB SSD provides massive storage space for huge files, so that you can store important digital data and work your way through it with ease. It gives you enormous space to save all of your files. Enhance the overall performance of the laptop for business, student, daily usage
- 1 x COMBO audio jack, 1 x Type-A USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1), 1 x Type-C USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1), 2 x USB 2.0 port(s), 1 x HDMI
- Windows 10 Home brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen. | 1-Year UpgradePro Limited Warranty* | View description and warranty section below for more details
Finally, we chose an Asus laptop, the Vivobook 15. The latter is a little less efficient than the previous one, but a little cheaper too. For 450 $, you will have a model here with an AMD Dual E2-7015 CPU. This processor is not very efficient today, making the PC quite slow and heavy and to use. The size and quality of the screen of this computer, however, make it interesting enough to use for professional use on the go. The 256GB SSD will bring fluidity in the launch and use of software.
ASUS CHROMEBOOK C423 :Best Laptops for Writers on a Budget
- Stunning vision-- The 14-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Nano Edge non-touchscreen display with a durable 180 degree hinge has an ultra-narrow 6mm bezel and features an anti-glare coating Integrated Intel HD Graphics 500
- Intel Celeron N3350 Processor 1 1GHz 4GB LPDDR4 RAM 32GB eMMC storage 802 11 Dual Band Wireless-AC 2x2 WLAN + Bluetooth 4 0 integrated HD Webcam no Optical Drive
- Long battery life-- The power-efficient Asus Chromebook C423 is designed to last for up to 10 hours on a single charge So you can work or play throughout the day while you're on the move
- USB-C for ultimate flexibility Two full-function reversible USB Type-C ports make it easy to charge the C423 or connect it to other devices USB-C provides superfast data-transfer speeds For maximum convenience and compatibility the ASUS Chromebook C423 also features standard USB 3 1 ports and there’s a micro SD slot
- Apps with Google play store the Asus Chromebook C423 gives you full access to the Google play store so you can use all your favorite Android work play or creative apps The C423 also has automatic updates and built in Antivirus protection No need to worry about keeping your device safe thanks to Google’s Chrome OS mouse and sleeve included
The ASUS Chromebook C423 is the PC for people who have to get around regularly. Indeed, thanks to its chrome OS operating system and its Intel Dual-Core Celeron N33350 2.4 GHz processor, it is the best to boost your productivity while ensuring power and comfort for playing video games. This ultra-light computer has a 14-inch HD screen for 10 hours of battery life, enough to last on long trips. It is also the first ASUS Chromebook to feature the NanoEdge design, making it possible to integrate a large screen into a more compact chassis. This will allow you to use it multitasking. It is also made up of the best features of Google.
Indeed, the ASUS Chromebook C423 gives you access to a wide variety of apps for your productivity or entertainment on the Google Play Store 2 with one of the best speeds on the market, advanced security options and many other features. On the memory side, it has 4 GB of RAM as well as 32 GB of EMMC storage and 4 USB ports. It is therefore the perfect laptop for students or anyone who is often on the go.
ACER CHROMEBOOK CB314
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (*Internet connection is required).
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook.
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically
- Intel Celeron N3060, 14” HD Display, 4GB Memory, 16GB eMMC and Up to 14-hour Battery Life
The Chromebook acer has a Chrome OS operating system, which is an operating system optimized for profiles of people who are either students or with an overworked professional life. Indeed, the start-up time is only 8 seconds and the loading of web pages is also done very quickly. Its interface is also very intuitive and its autonomy is 12.5 hours, which makes it one of the greatest autonomy of laptops thanks to the Intel Celeron N4000 processor composed of 2 cores. Despite this power, it weighs only 1.5 kg, so its weight is not a brake. We also note the silent keys and the fluid and ergonomic trackpad which is similar to the MacBook. We think that this is the Best Laptops for Writers on a Budget.
In terms of performance, there is a frequency of 1.1 GHz, Turbo 2.6 GHz and a cache of 4 MB. On the graphics card side, it is composed of an Intel UHD Graphics 600, enough to satisfy all uses and on the memory side, we have a 4GB RAM and a 64GB EMMC storage. And to ensure efficient work, 2 USB ports, an SD card reader, a 3.5 mm audio and microphone combo jack. It will be understood, this computer combines performance, lightness and speed.
HP STREAM 11
- Portable and stylish: work and play in style, with a slim, expressive laptop designed to help you live your best life on-the-go and in Style.
- Bios recovery and protection: automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from boot-up issues
- Processor: Intel x5-e8000, quad-core, 1.1 GHz up to 2.7 GHz
- Display: 11.6-Inch diagonal HD SVA antiglare WLED-backlit Display (1366 x 768)
- Memory: 4 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM
This computer is perfect for working. Indeed, it includes a personal Office 365 subscription for 1 year, which will be extremely practical for students and people who have to write reports, presentations, etc. its operating system is Windows 10 in S mode and its keyboard is AZERTY, its 11.6 inch HD screen with a 1366 x 768 px WLED backlit anti-glare.
Its 1.1 GHz Intel Celeron N4000 processor, 4MB of cache memory and 2 cores as well as a built-in 4GB RAM DDR4 SDRAM promises you performance among the best computers on the market. Storage side, we have 32 GB EMMC. In terms of equipment, in addition to a fluid but slow trackpad, it is equipped with a webcam with microphone to allow us to work in a team, chat with our friends or give conferences over distance. And it can be Best Laptops for Writers on a Budget.
In order to recharge it, you must have a 45 W power adapter. However, we note some caveats. First, the charger is huge, it is even more bulky than the tablet. Second downside, there is only one color available, which is white. The keyboard is a little small compared to the size of the screen even if it works perfectly and finally, all the applications are only preinstalled, so it will take a long time during the first start to install everything.
HP 14 Slim Laptop
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
This HP Notebook PC has a Windows 10 operating system in S mode, an AZERTY keyboard and a 14 inch SVA anti-glare WLED backlit WLED screen of 1366 x 769 px. Processor level, it has an AMD A4-9125 of 2.3 GHz, 1MB of cache memory and 2 cores, as well as a RAM of 1 × 4 GB SDRAM DDR4. A one-year subscription to personal Office 365 is included, which is very convenient for working. Always for work, a webcam with microphone is integrated in the computer to put us to discuss remotely or to make conferences by interposed screens. Because it is slim, light in weight and portable so it is the Best Laptops for Writers on a Budget.
We also have a large 32 GB EMMC storage space. On the graphics card side, this is an AMD Radeon R3. Overall, we can say that this is a slim, elegant and reliable computer for all daily tasks with a battery life of 10.5 hours.
However, we note some problems. In fact, there are some configuration problems with applications that are unnecessarily installed so this is not Best Laptops for Writers on a Budget. You will have to look at everything on your PC and uninstall a lot. Note that there are also some problems with the restricted Wi-Fi card on certain models. Finally, some people do not like the S mode of Windows 10 but it is only personal taste.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR LAPTOP FOR 300$?
Best laptops for writers on a budget in 2020. Even if a purchase of a Laptop for 300 $ does not represent an excessive expense, it is important to choose a model corresponding to your needs. For this, here are some tips that will allow you to choose a laptop that fits the use you want to make it.
For a gaming laptop, choose a computer with a large graphics card. Unfortunately, for 300 $, all models use the graphics part integrated into the processor. You will therefore have to go first on Ryzen APUs, which are currently the processors with the best graphics performance.
For an office PC and for the application, the graphics card is not important. It is mainly the processor that will define your performance. So take the laptop with the best processor, while ensuring that the rest of the PC.
And in particular the RAM, can keep up. Generally, on a computer in this price range, you can have 8GB of RAM, but it is possible to add a module on most models. An SSD is also recommended, because it improves the overall fluidity of the PC, especially in terms of loading times of your software.