In order to find you the best speaker for classical music, we spent many hours comparing around twenty models. We have come to the conclusion that the best compromise currently is the Mackie CR4. They effectively combine power, manufacturing quality and sound balance worthy of professionals, all for a contained price.
Best Speaker for Classical Music
The best cheap PC speakers
This section is reserved for speakers with good audio quality at a reduced price. They will delight people who are looking to replace the speakers on their screen or laptop.
- Down-firing subwoofer with adjustable bass control knob: Turn up the bass to add a deeper, richer low end to your music, movies and games
- 14W peak power (7W RMS): Enjoy all your audio entertainment in loud, clear stereo sound. volume and the headphone jack using the wired control pod
- Convenient handheld control pod: Easily power on the speakers, adjust volume and plug in your headset for private listening
- Compact satellite speakers: Inclined design directs great sound to your ears without sacrificing valuable desk space
- Plug-and-play setup: Simple wired connection to audio devices with 3.5mm output (Windows and Mac computers, smartphones, tablets, MP3 players)
This 2.1 stereo system is currently the most affordable model of this type. Faithful to the Logitech philosophy, it offers a decent first step towards this type of product.
Let’s start with the most important, the sound. This kit develops a power of 25 W and covers frequencies ranging from 48 Hz to 23 KHz. The audio quality is there without being perfect, a common fact at this price level. The subwoofer is quick to send a lot of bass, to the point where it tends to overwrite the higher frequencies on the bass tracks. Unfortunately, no settings are built in to regulate this.
In the upper mids and highs, a very slight sizzle can be heard at high volume but it is quickly forgotten.
From a design point of view, seems solid thanks to its robust plastics and its serious assembly. Its sober and efficient style will allow it to integrate easily into your interior.
Its ergonomics are well thought out. Indeed, all of the controls are centralized on a dedicated box which will prevent you from bending over under your desk to switch on the set. It contains the tension control, the volume control and a jack for your headphones.
Finally, if you want to enjoy good sound for your games and movies but your budget is quite low, the Z313 are the perfect solution. If you want to enjoy your music, make sure that the more bass-oriented rendering will not deteriorate your listening.
- This Certified Refurbished product is factory refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty
- Delivers Rich stereo sound: Two 2.5"drivers per speaker pump out 10 watts peak power for clear stereo sound with added deep bass
- Play audio content from multiple devices simultaneously. - Handy headphone jack: Listen to music, movies and games in total privacy
- Use with multiple devices: Plug in two devices at the same time, like your smartphone plus tablet or laptop, via a 3.5mm audio input plus auxiliary line
- Fingertip controls: On-speaker volume, power and bass controls for quick and easy audio adjustments
If you want premium speakers, but with which you can still play loud enough music and enjoy decent quality sound, then the Logitech Z200 is one of the best choices.
These are 2.0 speakers, with a minimalist but elegant design that offers a touch of modernity. They also exist in a black version. They are compact enough to fit easily on your desk.
The Z200 offer good material quality and high sound power. Each speaker reaches a power of 5 Watts RMS, which is enough to fill a room of about 15 square meters (but probably not to listen to a movie in your living room). However, be careful not to push them to their limits if you want to avoid saturation.
Their frequency ranges from 80 to 20 kHz which allows them to offer a fairly wide sound coverage and therefore a suitable bass level, in particular thanks to the wheel provided for this purpose. Even if the latter are not very deep, they are preseolume (and power) control, the headphone jack and the auxiliary input are all located on the front panel of the right module, which makes them easy to access. The speaker connects via a 3.5 mm jack but a Bluetooth version, called Z207, is also available.
In the end, if you are looking for a good overall balance for listening to music while on your computer, they are a great choice. If you plan to reserve another use for them … Favor a more expensive model.
The best mid-range PC speakers
You will find in this section the problem mentioned above: a 2.0 system more efficient than a 2.1 system. Of course, as with each proposal, your choice will also be influenced by the use for which you intend this product.
- Studio-quality design, sound and performance ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment
- Ultra-wide frequency range perfect for full-range multimedia (80Hz - 20kHz)
- Choose which side of your desk gets the volume knob with CR4's convenient speaker placement switch
- Convenient front panel volume knob with lit power ring gives you on/off/volume control and power indication where you need it
- Plug your smartphone or other source right into the front of the speakers and listen instantly.4 inch polypropylene coated woofer
Do you have a small office but still want good audio rendering? Then the CR4 are an excellent solution.
Thus, the CR4 are oriented as much as possible towards the fidelity of the rendering while having a more than correct power of 50W. The frequencies covered range from 70Hz to 20KHz. On the other hand, the bass is not its strong point, it is a common thing with 2.0 systems.
However, the performance across the spectrum is high: treble and midrange well reproduced, detailed bass and all, with minimal distortion. Only drawback of this beautiful table, the bottom of the spectrum lacks impact. Unfortunately, it is not possible to add a subwoofer to compensate for this.
In terms of design, they are less discreet than the other models in this article, with their green inserts but their quality of finish is impeccable. The box is made of wood which minimizes unwanted vibrations compared to plastic models.
The ergonomics are well worked: the connectors are distributed between the front (auxiliary) and the rear (3.5 mm jack, RCA, TRS). The front part also contains the volume controller which is also used to power up the unit. The rear panel also contains a switch used to define which side is the speaker that is used for power to promote better distribution of sound. A version with Bluetooth also exists.
In conclusion, this 2.0 system is at the level of a 2.1 system thanks to its rendering of a higher level. Even if the bass is slightly below, this defect is easily compensated by its ease in the rest of the spectrum.
- THX-certified 2.1 speaker system brings your music, movies and games to life in immersive studio-quality audio; Satellites: 2 x 35 Watt
- RCA and 3.5 millimeter inputs make it easy to plug in up to 3 audio devices - your computer, iPod, game console, DVD player and more
- 2 satellite speakers and a powerful subwoofer deliver sound big enough to fill even large entertainment rooms.Please Note: Kindly refer the User Guide before use.
- Compatible with Television,Computer,Smartphone,Tablet,Music player,DVD player,Blu-ray player,PlayStation,Xbox,Wii. System Requirements: Works with any device with either a headphone jack (3.5 millimeter) or RCA input.
- 400 Watts Peak/200 Watts RMS power delivers amped audio from this 2.1 speaker system. Subwoofer-130 W. Dimensions( H x W x D)-Subwoofer-11.2 x 12.0 x 10.5 inches. Right Satellite-7.7 x 4.6 x 5.0 inches. Left Satellite-7.7 x 4.6 x 5.0 inches
If you’re looking for the best in 2.1 speakers, the Logitech Z623 is sure to please you.
THX certified, they provide a huge power of 200 Watts RMS thanks to the imposing subwoofer that accompanies them. Suffice to say that those who use them will only very rarely pay more than 40%!
Probably what strikes you most with these speakers is the audio quality that Logitech has achieved. Indeed, the sound is massive, powerful but also has a good balance, even if the box tends to crush the satellites (a small bass adjustment can minimize this problem). There is still a very slight lack of clarity in the treble.
Another amazing point is the compact size of the system. Weighing less than 10 kg, the set of two speakers and the subwoofer can be transported quite easily if necessary. In addition, this reduced size does not encroach on the finishes which are of a very good standard.
In addition, unlike surround setups which require a certain amount of installation and configuration time, the Z623 speakers are installed and configured in just 10 minutes.
Besides, during your first use, be sure to set the volume very low before performing your first power tests. Indeed, beyond 20 to 30%, the sound power already becomes too loud for a single room.
Excellent with movies and games, it is just unfortunate that these speakers are not supplied with a remote control, which would have facilitated use on the TV.
In the end, the Z623 speakers are generally one of the best possible choices if you want a powerful setup of excellent material quality. They bow before our reference, which is a notch above in terms of audio reproduction.
The best high-end PC speakers
It is in this price range that you will find 5.1 systems. They take immersion to another level and are best suited for movies and video games.
- 5.1 digital surround sound: Hear every detail in your Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks the way the studio intended. Sub woofer: 165 Watts
- THX certified home theater speakers: Your assurance of true cinema quality sound. Satellites : 4 x 67 W, wall mountable
- Delivers a continuous 500 watts of power, with the ability to deliver a peak of 1,000 watts under certain circumstances: Thunderous, room shaking audio with deep bass you can feel
- Flexible setup: Connect upto six devices : Computer, music player, TV, game console and more; Infared remote
- Easy sound control: Compact control console and wireless remote let you instantly personalize your surround sound experience
If you’re looking for the best of the best, the kind of speakers that can shake not only your home but that of your neighbors as well, then take a look at the Logitech Z906.
The highest-end 5.1 system from Logitech, these speakers have received a number of awards for their exceptional performance and very good value for money.
From the point of view of ergonomics, we are not in front of the best in the field, since everything has been concentrated on the subwoofer. Given the multitude of connections offered (two optical S / P DIF inputs and one coaxial are available on the digital side; analog side, we have 3 mini-jacks for 5.1, but also a double RCA for stereo; a headphone jack and an input auxiliary), you might as well say that you need an almost military organization. By cons, we finally have speakers with a remote control, a very good point!
Design side, nothing to complain about. Even if the whole is rather imposing, the finishes are of excellent quality, and the whole should blend fairly easily into any interior.
The sound produced by the device is THX certified. Logitech even boasts of a sound experience similar to that of a cinema, which is not very far from reality.
Another particularly impressive thing about the Z906 speakers is the depth of their bass. Indeed, thanks to the large subwoofer which alone has more than 150 Watts RMS of power, each sound vibration is felt.
This depth of bass as well as the total power of which the speakers are capable make the Z906 perfect for those who want the best of the best for their sound equipment.
- The Razer Leviathan Surround Sound Bar features cutting-edge Dolby technology, superior sound drivers, and a dedicated subwoofer, projecting in-game battle scenes or your favorite tunes
- Featuring award winning aptX technology, the Razer Leviathan seamlessly connects via Bluetooth v4.0 for audio quality indistinguishable from a wired connection with an impressive dynamic range. System Requirements : Devices with 3.5mm audio ports
- The Leviathan’s built in NFC technology allows for ultra-fast pairing and remembers your recently paired devices, allowing you to connect with a single tap. Frequency response rate : 180Hz - 20KHz
- Synergizing a powerful 5.25” downward firing subwoofer with 2 full ranged drivers and tweeters, the Razer Leviathan provides distortion-free lower frequencies and impressive highs
Razer is one of the best in PC gaming peripherals. With his Leviathan, he decides to get into audio.
What the brand offers to snakes is quite unexpected on PC: a soundbar and subwoofer combo. Together, they cover frequencies ranging from 20Hz to 20KHz while developing a power of 60W RMS. They can boast of having an extremely low distortion rate. Which allows them to be pushed to the maximum without fear.
Unfortunately, this observation becomes obscured as soon as one becomes interested in the subwoofer. Indeed, it does not pay tribute to its binomial: the low frequencies are poorly managed, too present and poorly defined, especially between 50 and 60 Hz where a peak is felt.
Another problem, 5.1 virtualization is not the most effective and is essentially used to broaden the stereophonic field to 120 ° C but with a negative effect on the phase.
This display is minimalist and contains little information. The absence of sound signals during the various manipulations does not compensate for this failure. This system is primarily intended for use on a PC, as evidenced by the absence of a remote control which does not allow remote control. However, the latency of the wireless connection (200ms) can cause latency between sound and image when playing video content.
In conclusion, Razer’s proposal is a very good alternative to this price level for those looking for a good quality stereo audio device for their computer. If you are looking for a device of this type for your living room, choose a dedicated soundbar instead.
Logitech G560: these speakers are an excellent 2.1 kit, with good material quality and good sound rendering, as long as you stay in wired mode. The light game is an interesting design level contribution, but it would have been better to focus more specifically on ergonomics, by offering a remote control or a remote management application, which would have made this sound experience almost perfect.
Bose Companion 2 Series III: this product is intended for lovers of sound quality who do not have much space. Faithful to the principles of Bose, the Companion 2 offer correct power and good coverage of the audio spectrum in a compact and practical system. Their price classifies them in the high range but unfortunately, they cannot match our selections in this section.
Edifier Luna Eclipse: Do you have a wiring obsession? Luna is one of the few fully wireless solutions. With their high power and well-defined sound. They provide a great experience, whether in the living room or in another room. Their atypical look transforms them into decorative objects capable of integrating easily into your interior. Unfortunately, our references have a better quality / price ratio but their capacities remain undeniable.
In conclusion, which PC speakers to choose?
During our search for the best pair of speaker for classical music. The Mackie CR4s clearly stood out thanks to their audio qualities effectively combining fidelity of rendering and ease over the entire spectrum.
However, these have a price and, if your budget does not allow it, turn instead to the Logitech Z313 which will be perfectly able to satisfy you with their deep bass.
Now, if, on the contrary, your savings are higher and you are looking at all costs for a complete immersion for your cinema moments or your gaming sessions. Then the 5.1 system of Logitech Z906 is the best choice to make.